Accepted Student information
Click on the headings below to learn more
- Registrar’s Office firstname.lastname@example.org for transcript and registration questions
- Financial Aid Office email@example.com for questions about student loans, government aid, and how 365体育投注 grants are applied
- Student Accounts firstname.lastname@example.org for information about your bill, payment plans, or paying your enrollment deposit
- Student Services email@example.com for information about disability accommodations, academic support, orientation, and community life
- Help Desk firstname.lastname@example.org the help desk is our campus concierge and can help you find who you need to talk to for any problem that they can’t solve themselves
- Information Technology Services email@example.com? for connectivity issues to your Student Information System (SIS), Canvas, your email, or GNet
- Eliot D. Pratt Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org?for questions about borrowing books, accessing research databases remotely, and requesting research assistance.?
Your checklist appears in your application portal
- Registration Form
- Proof of Vaccination
- Financial Aid Clearance with the Financial Aid Office
- Financial Clearance with the Student Accounts Office
- ID and ID Verification
- Enrollment reservation
Emails to watch for
- Account activation-REALLY important-this email will give you access to all things 365体育投注
- Residency Updates
- From registrar/student accounts/finaid/community life with missing items
- From faculty/programs with pre-residency action items/meeting invitations
New Student Orientation
New student orientation consists of both synchronous and asynchronous programming. Prior to the start of the semester, you will need to login to Canvas to watch videos and find useful resources about enrollment, tech support, community life, the library, and more.? Synchronous programming via zoom will be held in the evenings on the Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday before the start of the semester. This is your opportunity to meet 365体育投注 staff and faculty and go over program and systems information live and in-person.
New students will be able to access these sessions once their pre-registration steps are complete.
For assistance regarding technology on campus, please use 365体育投注 College’s tech ticket portal. Before residency begins, please remember to:
- Download the Zoom app on your computer.
- Familiarize yourself with different communication apps. (Google Chat, Google Calendar, WhatApp, Slack, etc). Different advisors prefer different methods of communication.
- Familiarize yourself with SCHED when you receive your schedule from your program.
- Be sure to pay attention to communication regarding Canvas.?
Residency Arrival and Departure Times
- Check in for on-campus students is 3pm on Wednesday.
- All students must check out and vacate their rooms by 1pm on the last day Friday of residency?
- 365体育投注 Help Desk is open from 8:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.?
- If you plan to arrive on campus later or earlier, please contact email@example.com so we can make sure you have access to campus.
Transportation to and from Campus
Students are responsible for their travel to and from campus during residencies. Here are some local transportation options available to students traveling to campus from the BTV and the Montpelier Bus Station.?
- Uber or Lyft: 365体育投注 Uber and Lyft apps allow students to book transportation in advance. For more information see the Uber and/or Lyft websites. Transportation can also be booked through the Transit app. (note this is the only option available for folx arriving via the Amtrak)?
- Public Bus:
- Green Mountain Transit? Fare free through June 30, 2022. Apps for GMT ; Token Transit (payment method), Transit app for schedules and real time bus locations.
- #11: Burlington Area-airport to Burlington Transit center, transfer to Montpelier Link Express.
- ?#86 Montpelier Express between Burlington and Montpelier
- GMT Route 2 Commuter (Montpelier to 365体育投注- must request stop at 365体育投注) Only one bus each way.
- Rural County Transit fare free. Also on the Transit app.
- US 2 Commuter? Montpelier to St. Johnsbury?
- Route 14/15 Commuter Morrisville to Barre, connects with US 2 Commuter in East Montpelier Park & Ride/Washington Electric Coop?
- Dartmouth Coach (Upper Valley VT–Boston–NYC), 800-637-0123, https://dartmouthcoach.com/
- Green Mountain Transit? Fare free through June 30, 2022. Apps for GMT ; Token Transit (payment method), Transit app for schedules and real time bus locations.
- Rental Car: Rental cars are available at the Burlington, VT airport as well as at various locations near campus.?
Packages and 365体育投注’s Mailing Address
If students wish to have packages sent to 365体育投注 prior to or during the residency, please address packages to:
123 Pitkin Rd, Plainfield, VT 05667
Helpful Information for On-Campus Residencies
- You’re Essential, the 365体育投注 Store, is located in the Community Center and will have a wide selection of amenities for students to purchase.
- Linens will be available in all dorm rooms for students upon arrival.
- For information about what local, state, and national resources are available to students during the residency season, please see our Community Life Student Resource List.
Student Life and Help Desk Availability and Contact Information
365体育投注 Help Desk is open from 8:30am- 11:00 pm during the residencies. We can assist with basic IT questions, help setting up workshop rooms and housing questions. Help Desk can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at x277 (802-322-1692)
Student Life will be available 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Danielle Kutner, our student life manager, will be available for phone, Zoom, and in-person meetings by appointment. Student Life can be reached by email at email@example.com and by phone at (802) 227-2753.
For non-life threatening emergencies, contact the Help Desk until 11 p.m. After 11 p.m., contact Student life at (802) 227-2753. For life-threatening emergencies, always call 9-1-1.
Using the Library
365体育投注 Eliot D. Pratt Library is located in the Pratt Center building and is open 9:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday. Extended residency hours will be posted on the library website. 365体育投注 website provides access to the online catalog and research databases.
Phone number?–?(802) 322-1604
365体育投注 nearest hotel is the Silver Cloud:?1100 Broadway, Seattle, WA 98122?(206) 325-1400
Housing:?Students coming from out of town are encouraged to secure housing in the Madrona (or Central Area) Neighborhood of Central Seattle (use the MLK Community Center address for any searches). One source for finding housing is:?https://es.airbnb.com.
Getting to the EDU Seattle 365体育投注 Residency:?You can take the Number 8 Metro Bus from Downtown and get off at the “East Madison & 27th?Avenue East” Stop and walk a few blocks to the MLK Center. Bus Route.
365体育投注 is in Port Townsend, Washington, a town of 13,000.? Port Townsend has several restaurants and shops, a food co-op, a new and used bookstore, and 2 large grocery stores (QFC and Safeway). Learn more at www.ptguide.com or at www.ptmainstreet.org.?
Jefferson County generally?follows CDC guidelines for vaccination and masking. To learn more, visit their COVID resource page.
365体育投注’s Washington campus is at Fort Worden State Park, a 434-acre national historic landmark. 365体育投注 Park offers two historic military museums, two miles of saltwater shoreline, and hiking trails. Learn more at? www.fortworden.org. Here is a map of Fort Worden. You will be staying in Building 225, the dormitory. Food will be served in the Commons, workshops will be in Building 204, the Seminar & USO Buildings, and advising in the Schoolhouse where 365体育投注’s Port Townsend office is located.?
365体育投注 weather changes often in the Pacific Northwest. Dress in layers and come prepared for rain and wind.? In the winter, warm boots, hats, gloves, and a warm coat are a must.? Summers are surprisingly cool – buildings are not air-conditioned.? Sturdy shoes are recommended. It’s about a mile walk through residential streets from Fort Worden to shops and restaurants downtown and uptown Port Townsend.?
Fort Worden State Park?
200 Battery Way
Port Townsend, WA 98368
Our office is in the Schoolhouse, building 298, behind the Commons. Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning on mailing anything.
365体育投注re are different options of how to get to Port Townsend, including very affordable public transportation options which might take a bit longer than the more expensive Rocket shuttle. For more information, check out this transportation information sheet. By car, travel between Seattle Tacoma Airport (SEATAC) and Port Townsend can take 3 hours. Ferry service disruptions and closures of the Hood Canal bridge can lead to delays. 365体育投注re are three ferry options (Bainbridge, Bremerton or Edmonds), or you can drive around Puget Sound. Currently due to staff shortages, we do not recommend you take the Edmonds/Kingston ferry because of more delays due to the smaller size of the boat. Most ferry services are currently on a one boat only. Always check for alerts before planning your trip.?
What to Bring:
- Covid PPE: KN95 masks, a personal thermometer, rapid tests (we provide some, but expect you to have your own)
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, aspirin, personal care items
- Rain gear/umbrella
- Bathrobe & slippers
- Computer, 2 copies of any files you bring (or flash drive), extension cord and 3-prong adapter, other adapters
- Study supplies (notebooks, pens etc)
- Quarters for laundry (there is also a laundromat in town and there are two coin-op machines on campus in a separate building)
- Pillow and linen (only if you have allergies and require special bedding)
Check-In and Check-Out:
Check-in takes place in building 204 Battery Way, from 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM Friday February 11th for returning students and graduating students and on Thursday Friday 10th from 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM for new students and faculty. Dinner will be served at 6:00 PM, so try to arrive on time. Be ready to show proof of vaccination before receiving your housing assignment and room key. Emergency telephone numbers and other important information will be posted in the Community Lounge on the ground floor of Building 204, as well as digitally on Canvas.?
Check-out takes place on Saturday February 19th by 10:00 AM. Please check out with Community Life staff.
If you need to arrive or depart outside these time frames please contact email@example.com and your program director or faculty lead.
You have been assigned rooms in the dorms based on your preferences in the housing form. Dietary restriction needs were provided to our Food & Beverage partner. If you have special dietary needs and didn’t request them on time, we recommend you bring some food items with you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with housing, special dietary needs, and other residency logistics, or call our office at 360-344-4100.
New students are required to stay on campus unless they live locally (have a permanent residence within an hours’ drive of campus), have an accommodation for a documented disability, or have received special permission from the Program Director to stay off-campus.
Residency housing consists of one large, historic dorm-style space. Rooms are single occupancy. Rooms are furnished with a dresser, nightstand, and overhead lighting. Pillows, towels, and bed linens are provided.??
Both the MFAW-WA and the MFAIA-WA program are housed in the West and East wings of the dormitory (Building 225). 365体育投注se spaces are provided with furnished common areas, including large tables and a working kitchen. Kitchens have a coffee pot, teakettle, cookware, dishware, and utensils. A microwave and full-sized fridge are also in the common space. In addition each program has a large empty space available on the second floor for student activities.?
Bathrooms in the dormitories are single-sex, multi-user with showers.? 365体育投注re are 2 bathrooms for each wing.?
Accessible housing is available. Contact ADSoffice@goddard.edu 2 weeks before the residency, 802-322-1639.
Notes from Fort Worden State Park:
Some of the Fort’s regular in-house amenities have been suspended, including daily housekeeping services, to comply with all State and Federal safety precautions and procedures.
Clean-up: 365体育投注 housekeeping team will tidy up, pick up towels, empty trash, and refresh bathrooms on Monday, February 14th. Guests are asked to clean any used dishware prior to departure. Please place any trash and recycling in provided bins.?
Pets: Pets are not allowed inside any of Fort Worden’s meeting spaces or common buildings with the exception of licensed service dogs.?
Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in any building and must be further than 25 feet from all entrances and exits.?
Decorations, signs and alternations: Fort Worden does not allow tape, nails or pushpins in any of our venue’s walls. No holes in the walls are allowed. 3M Command Hooks are acceptable.?
Flammable Materials: 365体育投注 use of candles or any burning items are prohibited without prior written approval from Fort Worden Management. All approved candles must be in a hurricane glass with the top no shorter than 2 inches from the flame and only burned when Fort Worden is servicing the event.
365体育投注 Servery provides three healthy meals a day, including vegetarian and vegan options, using locally grown food as much as possible. Breakfast is served at 7:30am, lunch at 12:30pm and dinner at 6pm. Pick up your food at the Servery. 365体育投注 Servery will be open for 30 minutes, but you have the Dining Hall available for a full hour to eat your meals.?
Food Allergies: Fort Worden makes every effort to accommodate food allergies, but does not guarantee that all requests will be met. 365体育投注 Fort Worden kitchen complies with the FDA eight major allergens: peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, soy, fish, and shellfish.
Those with severe allergies, such as Celiac, should take precautions as cross-contamination is possible.?
Check out this guide from the Fort re. dietary restrictions.
Below are some questions you should answer for yourself to prepare for a virtual residency:
- Have I cleared my schedule for the week of residency? While the residency is virtual, full participation during the residency week is required and the focus the week should be your studies.? Imagine you were attending an in-person residency, and schedule yourself the same way.? Make arrangements to limit distractions from family, work, and friends (childcare, vacation time, etc.).
- What plans have I made to successfully prepare my environment for residency? We have found that the virtual residency experience has worked best for those who have a quiet place to call from and who are joining zoom events from a desktop or laptop (with a video camera) as opposed to a phone.
- Would it be helpful for me to connect with Community Life before residency? Our Community Life staff are here as a resource for you before, during, and after residency. 365体育投注y are happy to connect about accommodations, academic support, time-management, etc.? You can reach them at email@example.com
- Am I getting all the information? Keep a close eye on your email in the weeks leading up to the residency.? Email is the primary way that everyone at 365体育投注 communicates.? Keep an eye on your inbox and make sure 365体育投注 email addresses are on your safe list.? Also, check your spam once in a while to make sure no important messages have ended up there.
- Do I have the necessary software and internet access? Make sure to download, install, and practice with zoom before the residency.? Also, check to make sure that your wifi signal is strong enough to video conference or that you are able to have an ethernet (wired) connection.
For information about using the library, start at the Library Website or the Library Space in Canvas.
Library website: https://research.goddard.edu/home?
Library Canvas Space: #courses/9?
You can also reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-800-468-4888 x 208. 365体育投注 Eliot D. Pratt Library is located on the Plainfield, Vermont, campus and is staffed Monday-Friday, 9:00-4:00 Eastern Time. Check the hours on the library’s Contact Us page for updated hours: https://research.goddard.edu/contact?
During the residency, there will be scheduled library orientation and research workshops over Zoom. You can also book time with a librarian for an online research consultation by using the Appointment Scheduler, or emailing Eileen Gatti at email@example.com. Research consultations over Zoom are available throughout the semester, not just during residency. Feel free to contact Eileen ahead of time if you want to get a jump on your research!
If you are returning books from last semester, you can mail them back to the Eliot D. Pratt Library, 365体育投注 College, 123 Pitkin Road, Plainfield, VT 05667.
If you prefer to bring them back to Port Townsend, please return them by noon on Friday, February 11th, as that is when Eileen will be on-site packing up books to ship back to Vermont.
Thanks for your cooperation!