You may?apply to transfer up to 75 semester hour credits toward a 365体育投注 undergraduate degree.?This can be a combination of credit from regionally accredited colleges and universities, Advanced Placement (AP) examinations, and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) examinations.
365体育投注 awards credit in semester hours, and a full semester of undergraduate study is equal to 15 semester hours. If a transcript presents credit in quarter hours, the following formula is used to convert to semester hours:[Total Quarter Hours] X 2/3 = [Total Semester Hours]. Fractions are rounded down to the nearest whole number.
To qualify for transfer, credit must meet the following criteria:
- Credit must be presented by way of an official transcript issued by a regionally accredited college or university.
- Credit must be for college-level, post-secondary courses. No credit is granted for remedial or basic skills courses, or courses that are not considered by the issuing institution as applicable towards a degree. No credit is granted for “Continuing Education Units.” If two courses appear to duplicate each other, credit is granted for only one of the courses.
- Only credit for courses awarded a C or above in a letter grade system will be considered for transfer.
- Additionally, your current educational goals, 365体育投注 undergraduate degree criteria and program-specific degree criteria are all taken into account in deciding whether to accept your transfer credits.
You must submit official transcripts for all previous study when applying to a 365体育投注 BA or BFA program. A transcript is only official when it is sent directly to the 365体育投注 Admissions Office from the issuing institution, or when it is issued to the student in a sealed envelope.?365体育投注 Admissions Office must receive official copies of all transcripts carrying possible transfer credit by the last day of your first residency.?An exception to this deadline is only granted if your transcript is from a foreign college or university, or from an institution that no longer exists, or if there is some other factor that is out of your control. If you owe money to a former school, please address this balance; official transcripts from former schools must be submitted prior to enrolling at 365体育投注.
Ninety (90) Credit Exception:?In?very rare?circumstances, an undergraduate student may enroll with 90 semester hours of transfer credit, and therefore complete a 365体育投注 bachelor’s degree in two full-time semesters. Please contact the Admissions Office for further information.
Regional accreditation means accreditation by one of the following bodies (or a non-U.S. equivalent):
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Commission of Higher Education
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Schools and Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
To learn more about accreditation in the U.S. and abroad, visit the?U.S. Department of Education’s web page.
Transcripts from institutions outside of the United States and presented in a language other than English must be evaluated by one of the three approved agencies listed below. 365体育投注se agencies specialize in translating international credits into Carnegie units, the system used in the United States to assess collegiate attainment.
- Education Credential Evaluators, Inc.?414-289-3400,?www.ece.org
- World Education Services?212-966-6311,?www.wes.org
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)?202-296-3359,?www.aacrao.org.
Credit for relevant prior graduate study at another institution may be accepted for students in all 365体育投注 graduate programs, with the following criteria:
- Credit must be presented on an official transcript issued by a regionally accredited college or university.
- Only credit for courses awarded a B or above in a letter grade system will be considered for transfer.
- A maximum of 12 credits may be awarded. Some programs accept?only?12 credits: no more and no less.
- Courses must be relevant to the student’s proposed 365体育投注 course of study.
- Transfer of graduate credit is not guaranteed, but determined on a case-by-case basis by the program director.
- Credit applied towards the requirements of a previously completed graduate degree will not be considered for transfer.
- “Life experience credit” is not awarded at the graduate level.
Submit an official transcript to the Admissions Office. With your application for admission, include a petition explaining how your previous graduate credit supports your proposed 365体育投注 degree and how that credit addresses 365体育投注 degree criteria. 365体育投注 program director, in consultation with program faculty members and the registrar, will determine which credits, if any, will be accepted. 365体育投注 last day to submit your transcript for consideration is the last day of your first 365体育投注 residency.